Thursday 16 April 2015

Lady Bon's 5 cruelty free budget beauty must haves....

So, again, it's been an eternity since I last wrote a knew blog, but I've been a busy bee this last few months with home improvements and making all kinds of faux taxidermy goodness.
I have been continuing to update the list of cruelty free veggie/vegan cosmetics as usual though (read it here), so fear not, it is still current.

Let me start this post by stating that; you get what you pay for = a croc of shit!
We all know it's true, even when we go out and blow a chunk of our wages on that little big budget beauty buy we just can't resist, lets face it! Now, I'm not saying that there aren't some pretty pricey pieces in my make-up kit, but there is such a wealth of great products out there that'll fit even the thriftiest of budgets.
So, I though I'd throw myself back into the fray with a little review of some cosmetics goodies you want in your make-up bag that won't leave you penniless.  And, as always, all items are cruelty free and veggie friendly.

First up.....

E.LF Studio Mascara Primer £4.50


OK, I should start by admitting that I've not actually tried any other mascara primers. But when the first one you try is bangin' and a snip of a price at under 5 quid, who cares!
I have long but fine lashes which can sometimes lead to the spider legs effect. I don't like to layer my mascara as I really don't like how it feels and I am terrible for touching my face....and no one needs that much mascara rubbed in their eyes!
I got this guy a while back to give my lashes a thicker look and I must say, I am smitten! It works a treat.  I only apply one coat to the underside of my lashes, then when dry apply one coat of mascara to the top the underside of my upper lashes. I'd also only apply it to your bottom lashes if you're looking for an Aunt Sally look.
E.L.F is available online and all make-up products are vegan.

B. Flawless Complete Coverage Foundation £9.99


OK, so maybe £9.99 isn't everyones idea of a 'budget' foundation, but it sure as shit is mine! I've had some incredibly expensive foundations over the years that were mince compared to this bad boy! And this is Superdrug we're talking about here friends, so you know you'll get it on special every other week. The last time I bought it it was a FIVER!
No matter the price, this is by far one of the best foundations I've used in a long time. I wouldn't call it complete coverage, more medium, but then, I've had some foundations that were like painting your face with emulsion! It goes on just lovely and has a nice dewy finish and because it's moisturising it doesn't look dry under your eyes the way many fuller coverage foundations do. I highly recommend it.
Flawless Complete Coverage Foundation is available in Superdrug stores and online and is vegan.

Superdrug Naturally Radiant hot cloth cleanser  £5.99


I'm a big fan of this product. Mild enough to use daily but good enough to remove make-up, it's a great all rounder. It's also a dupe for the Liz Earle hot polish cleanser which a lot of us have forsaken since Liz Earle are owned by Avon, who are no longer cruelty free.
I'm not a fan of muslin cloths, I substitute them with a face cloth (which you can get from the pound shop....keep it budget, yo) as they hold the heat better and give your face a light exfoliating.
Although it's full price is £5.99 I don't think I have EVER paid that for it. At the time of writing this blog it was £2.99. 
Naturally Radiant hot cloth cleanser is available in Superdrug stores and online and is vegan.

Sleek I-Divine pallets  £7.99


I actually have bother believing that these are only 8 quid sometimes. 12 pigment packed eyeshadows in one pallet, Sleek I-Divines have to be the ultimate budget make-up. To put it in context, they are actually cheaper that one MAC eyeshadow. 
They have been massively popular and there are now umpteen pallets to choose from, with a great colour range. So if your into your natural shades and won't be using those electric blue shades any time soon (or vise versa) not to fear as the shades within the pallets are all very complimentary. 
Sleek I-Divines are available in Superdrug, Boots and Pauls Hair stores as well as online.
I-Divines are now vegan (check individual product info on other make-up for details)

City Chick Petite Pre-glued lashes - £1.59

An extreme camera phone close up of lash lover Freddy face in City Chick lashes...

I seriously LOVE these lashes. As anyone thats used them knows, false eyelashes can be a right pain in the arse! They are often so stiff they pop off the corner of your eyes, they are too long and need trimmed, which can leave them looking a bit mental, they're so long they obliterate the eye makeup you just spent the last hour doing.....you know what I mean.
Now, I'm not a fan of a pre-glued lash generally, so I usually just peel the glue strip off. Having said that, I have used them with glue band when pushed for time and they were significantly better than any other pre-glued I've tried.
I think these wee guys strike the perfect lash balance. They're soft and mould to the shape of the eye, and the band is fine enough that it blends with the lash....no need for a eye liner cover up. Being petite means that they look great on most eyes (the edge is very easy to blend in with mascara on longer eyes) and they're natural enough to enhance your look rather than overwhelm it. I've used them on brides, shoots as well as friends on a night out. I've had some pretty expensive lashed over the years and these Chity Chick lashes wipe the floor with them. Give them a try....your eyes and purse will thank you.
City Chick Petite Pre-glues lashes are available in Savers stores as well as online.

So there we have it friends, a little list of handy beauty products that all combined won't even cost you 30 quid! I hope you found it useful.

Goodbye for now. Always remember.....Lady Bon loves you.

3 comments:

  1. I love this blog! Yaaaas Sleek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also def gonna try the hot cloth cleanser - thankyouuu! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also def gonna try the hot cloth cleanser - thankyouuu! Xxx

    ReplyDelete